Skip directly to content


Other questions answered

Can I have a bigger bin for my recycling?

Everyone will be given the standard size bins to start with. Larger recycling bins are available for households with six people or more.

What if I struggle with a wheeled bin as I'm elderly/ disabled?

VoWH offer a service to collect bins from a more convenient place for our elderly and disabled residents and this service will continue. To find out more about this service please visit the website or call 01235 520202.

Will my garden waste service continue?

The garden waste service will continue, which offers a fortnightly collection for a small annual charge of ~£38. Your brown bin will be collected on the same week as your green recycling bin (please see the calendar or contact us for more information). The only change to this service is that from October you will riot be able to put cardboard in your brown bin and will instead need to put it out for recycling. You can also home compost or take your garden waste to one of Oxfordshire County Council's Waste Recycling Centres at Stanford in the Vale, Redbridge or Drayton.

How is my recycling, rubbish and food waste collected?

Recycling and waste will be collected by vehicles with two separate compartments. Food waste will be collected weekly in the smaller pod at the front of the vehicle behind the cab and your recycling and waste will be collected on alternate weeks in the back compartment. The crews will use a spare bin to collect all the food waste before emptying it into the food pod on the vehicle.

For more information please visit

Email [email protected] Or call 03000 610610